Look Closer by David Ellis - Review


Wow! This unpredictable thriller had me spiraling in the best possible way. The first page alone was enough to capture my attention. This is a page-turner, the definition of unputdownable. This is how a thriller should be done. The way the story unravels is remarkable!

Some multiple perspective novels can be hard to follow at times, but not this one. His talent as a writer shows. The author did a phenomenal job writing dual timelines from several points of view without me ever getting lost.

Normally, when I have high expectations for a book, I end up feeling let down. Look Closer exceeded my expectations. I can’t believe I let this to sit on my shelf for months before picking it up. 

I have so much I could say about this book, but I'll leave it at this...

Best read of 2023 thus far.
And easily one of the best thrillers of all time. 



Setting: Chicago, Halloween. Hence the fall scented candle & cozy blanket.

Comments

Popular Posts