Fourth Wing by Rebecca Yarros - Review



" FLY... OR DIE."

Rebecca Yarros outdid herself with this one. After only a few pages, I was already drawn in and fully committed to the story. This book was spectacular from start to finish. Fourth Wing climbed to the top of my favorite 2023 reads before I had even finished it. It’s clear the author put her all into this book. The writing is captivating. I was able to visualize every single moment. Fantasy isn't a genre I read habitually. Mainly because the worlds can be complicated for me to follow at times. Rebecca Yarros did a phenomenal job building this world. Everything is mapped out perfectly from beginning to end. I never got lost along the way. I was invested in all of the characters and their growth throughout. 

This adventurous story will take you on an exhilarating ride of combat training, magic, romance, and DRAGONS! 

There are two ways out of Basgiath War College, graduation or death.

Violet was prepared to follow her father's footsteps and enter the Scribe Quadrant but her mother forces Violet to compete to become a (dragon) Rider. Violet is the daughter of the commanding general, a woman responsible for many deaths. Needless to say, this puts a target on Violet's back. She ends up with Xaden as her wingleader. Xaden wants her dead and he isn't her only threat; eliminating her could increase anyone's chances at becoming a rider. The dragons will incinerate the weak cadets along the way. This should be a fear of Violet's, as she is a puny, twenty-year-old woman, that has suffered health issues since birth, but Violet is far from weak. Violet is a badass with a dagger in her boot.

This is one of those unforgettable reads. I cannot wait for book #2! 





Comments

Popular Posts